Miss E is a HUGE Shopkins fan, she lives and breathes Shopkins. I wish I was exaggerating :P I really don't mind so much, except when I'm stepping on them or saving them from the shower drain, but its nice to see her at such a young age with a...hobby. She sets them up in patterns or has them chatting to each other and going on adventures. So for her fourth birthday it was a no brainer we would have to have a Shopkins themed party and it was soooooo much fun to do, just because of all the colours we could use and it helped since we had a few decorations from other birthday parties that we could turn into a Shopkins party. Miss E was thrilled, she pretty much spent the night before sitting at the kids table (with her Shopkins) while I was setting up and even made suggestions of where to put her Shopkin playsets.
Party highlights and DIY:
- I created a Shopkins backdrop for photos and a personalised Shopkins poster, she loved seeing her name up as Shopkins.
- The kids table was decorated with fresh cut flowers my husband picked up the day before (he did very well!!) in wire shopping baskets I had seen at Kmart along with a little mini trolley from Kmart too and some Shopkins players.
- I created laminated placemats for each setting. If you've laminated before you'll know how slow it goes :P
- I found these gorgeous Poppy Corn boxes from Super Craft Dee on etsy. I had bought the 5 inch ones but I think the 3 inch would be better as it would take less popcorn to fill. They were so cute. Miss E even helps me make them.
- I used little pink and purple shopping baskets from from our local $2 shop to display snack sand sweets.
- Food was so much fun and pretty easy to match up to Shopkins as there are so many of them, it included Pa Pizza pizza, Cloeflower soup, Fruit salad, De'Lish Donut shaped cake, Fairy Crumbs fairy bread, Wendy Wafer wafers, Kooky Cookie cookies and Mary Meringue choc dipped meringues.
- For the Cake Miss E asked for pink and yellow so I used A LOT of icing covers it in pink and yellow and let Miss E decorate it with Shopkins....a few had to be saved from being swallowed up by icing though :P
These yummy cookies below were a last min idea, I spent ages icing them, then i forgot them in the fridge...oops.
De'lish Donut cake made an appearance thanks to some extra cake batter.
Thank you bags for the kids included donut notepads for the girls and hamburger notepads for the boys with matching pens and pencils pause some Shopkins cookies.
We had a fantastic time and were so glad to spend it with all our friends :)