Our little girl is no longer so little. She just celebrated her 5th birthday surrounded by her friends that she's known since our first day at mothers group when she was just a month old, her best friends from daycare and all her new amazing friends from school. Our house was filled with so many kids and it was so wonderful to see her play with all her friends.
This year she asked for a Moana party and I was so excited to make it happen. I also enjoyed that at this age she loved to help, we made the lolly bags together and she helped me hang garland (not the high ones of course) and set up the tables. Whilst she had a Moana dress and I made her little sister a Maui leaf skirt from felt they both wanted to wear their pretty tulle dresses...I can't argue with that, they love dresses.
Party Highlights and DIY:
- I spent most of my time watching a movie at night and cutting out A LOT of leaf shapes and threading through twine and then cutting more out to sew garland for the ceiling. I really do love sewn garland, so easy to make nd so easy to store.
- I found on Pinterest a great idea to make hula hoop wreaths. For this one I cut out the Moana symbol and sprayed it gold, i then attached fishing line across the hoop and used a glue gun to attache date symbol to the fishing line. I attached Leaf and floor cut outs around the edge.
- I found a gorgeous sequin fabric at Spotlight for the dessert table while the main table and drinks table I had decorated with decorative fishing net I had borrowed from friends.
- I put together a letter E covered in tropical flowers. You can find my before and after photo on Instagram (@love.ink.printables) or you can see the step by step for another one I made a few years back here.
- Activities for the kids included Maui's tattoo parlour (that was a big hit with the kids), Pua's colouring tables and Hey Hey bubbles. We also played musical bobs and pin the tail on the unicorn (that was what Miss E really wanted haha)
- The dessert table included meringues from our friends party the day before, Tefiti cookies, Kakamora popcorn, Kakamora coconut oreo balls, cupcakes decorated with Moana sails, Hey Hey (chicken) chips and ocean jelly
- For the drinks we had fruit boxes, "ocean" water and ice tea.
- There wasn't many Mona themed party decorations available near me so I made bunting and found Moana plates, cups and napkins for our local Big W store.
- I found these amazing Moana printable posters over at the Disney Channel
- For the lolly bags we used muslin bags we found at Kmart and filled them with lollies, stickers, small playdough pots and stamps.
Printables by Love.Ink.Printables
Moana Posters by Disney Channel