I have been MIA lately due to work, two sick kids and trying to organise my daughters 3rd birthday but everything is starting to settle down now and I have recently sat down and had look at some photos from the past year.
And I came across photos of a polkadot baby shower we threw for a good friend of ours almost 2 years ago. We had so much fun putting this baby shower together, it was just filled with colours and polkadots :) and I LOVE anything colourful.
Party highlights and DIY:
- The party printables are available on my etsy page and can be customised to suit either a boy or girl and even a gender reveal ;)
- We decided to make our own paper pom poms using tissue paper and layering different colours together in one pom pom to give them a rainbow effect.
- Desserts included coconut ice squares layered in four different colours, cupcakes in every colour, brownies, cherry ripe squares and ice-cream shaped cookies. The desserts matched them colour theme perfectly
- We set up platters of savoury food and nibbles and the mother in law provided her famous roast beef and home made mayonnaise. This stuff is AMAZING!!! I can't even talk about it now its making me hungry.
- We had a table set up in the entry, as guests came in they could fill up on champagne and orange juice, with a drink table set up outside with urns for water and cordial.
- The entry table also featured the thank you sign along with the gorgeous owl pocket mirrors thank you gifts sourced by the mummy-to-be.
- You can't have a baby shower without baby shower games and these included - guess the jelly beans in the bottle, measure the belly and also a wishes for baby. I LOVE wishes for baby and I think every baby shower should have one as its so sweet to read the wishes before and after the baby arrives. I still have mine and have gone through them a few times now.
Check out the colours and the yummy desserts. Enjoy!
Printable package and invitation can be found at Love.INK.Printables on etsy.